Sunday, November 26, 2006

Laura Mulvey's theory

Laura Mulvey's theory is useful in my independent study and for all my texts. As you can see below I have explained will examples of sum scenes that reinforce theMALE GAZE’ as a result follow Mulvey’s theory. Charlie’s angels are my main texts and in this film they use a variety of objects that can be considered as a PHALLIC object. The main trend I have found from all my texts is that the protagonists are FEMALE rather than the stereotypical male, as a result EROTIC pleasure is given to the audience/ SPECTATORS to keep them entertained. Most my texts are action films such as my main texts Charlie’s Angels-full throttle, kill bill and tomb raider. In these films the protagonist is the female and as a result it shows that females can be as powerful as male challenging the
active/male and passive/female.

Females may be shown in a active role now however they are still being OBJECTIFIED in films and the meain reason is the lack of female directors resulting in male directors directing films and the audience shown the film from a male perspective.

Below I have explained how Mulvey's theory is relevent to all my texts and gave examples of how the audience are entertained.

No comments: